Bartha Maria Knoppers
Professor, Centre of Genomics and Policy, McGill University
Phone: (514) 398-8866
740 Dr Penfield Ave, Room 5214
Montréal, Québec, Canada, H3A 0G1
Professor Knoppers is uniquely suited to work on the ethical, legal and policy aspects of this proposed research project. She has made significant contributions to international policymaking and in 2018 alone leads or is co-applicant in 27 grants. Since her presidency of the International Ethics Committee of HUGO (1996 – 2004) and her work with the ASHG Social Issues Committee in the 1990s and in the drafting of UNESCO’s Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights (1993-1997), she has led the ethics work of the HapMap as well as the 1000 Genomes projects. From 2000 – 2006 she served as Co-Chair of the Sampling/ELSI Committee of the 1000 Genomes Project (2007-) and as a member of the Scientific Steering Committee of the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC) (2009-2017). She founded the international P3G (Public Population Project in Genomics & Society) and CARTaGENE, Quebec’s national biobank, in 2007. In 2013, she became Chair of the Regulatory and Ethics Working Group, Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH) and member of its Steering Committee. She also serves as Director on the Canadian Council of Academics, as a member of the Bioethics Advisory Committee of Canadian Blood Services and gave the prestigious Galton Lecture in 2017, UK. Additionally, she is an Officer of the Order of Canada and of Quebec. In 2019, she was awarded the Henry G. Friesen International Prize in Health Research and was appointed to the International Commission on the Clinical Use of Human Germline Genome Editing.
- Alexandrov, LB, Kim, J, Haradhvala, NJ, Huang, MN, Tian Ng, AW, Wu, Y et al.. Author Correction: The repertoire of mutational signatures in human cancer. Nature. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05600-5. PubMed PMID:36697836 .
- Li, Y, Roberts, ND, Wala, JA, Shapira, O, Schumacher, SE, Kumar, K et al.. Author Correction: Patterns of somatic structural variation in human cancer genomes. Nature. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05597-x. PubMed PMID:36697835 .
- ICGC/TCGA Pan-Cancer Analysis of Whole Genomes Consortium. Author Correction: Pan-cancer analysis of whole genomes. Nature. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05598-w. PubMed PMID:36697834 .
- Gerstung, M, Jolly, C, Leshchiner, I, Dentro, SC, Gonzalez, S, Rosebrock, D et al.. Author Correction: The evolutionary history of 2,658 cancers. Nature. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05601-4. PubMed PMID:36697833 .
- Rheinbay, E, Nielsen, MM, Abascal, F, Wala, JA, Shapira, O, Tiao, G et al.. Author Correction: Analyses of non-coding somatic drivers in 2,658 cancer whole genomes. Nature. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05599-9. PubMed PMID:36697832 .
- PCAWG Transcriptome Core Group, Calabrese, C, Davidson, NR, Demircioğlu, D, Fonseca, NA, He, Y et al.. Author Correction: Genomic basis for RNA alterations in cancer. Nature. 2023; :. doi: 10.1038/s41586-022-05596-y. PubMed PMID:36697831 .
- Carlevaro-Fita, J, Lanzós, A, Feuerbach, L, Hong, C, Mas-Ponte, D, Pedersen, JS et al.. Author Correction: Cancer LncRNA Census reveals evidence for deep functional conservation of long noncoding RNAs in tumorigenesis. Commun Biol. 2022;5 (1):1347. doi: 10.1038/s42003-022-03769-z. PubMed PMID:36482178 PubMed Central PMC9732278.
- Rubanova, Y, Shi, R, Harrigan, CF, Li, R, Wintersinger, J, Sahin, N et al.. Author Correction: Reconstructing evolutionary trajectories of mutation signature activities in cancer using TrackSig. Nat Commun. 2022;13 (1):7567. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-32336-7. PubMed PMID:36482170 PubMed Central PMC9731941.
- Sieverling, L, Hong, C, Koser, SD, Ginsbach, P, Kleinheinz, K, Hutter, B et al.. Author Correction: Genomic footprints of activated telomere maintenance mechanisms in cancer. Nat Commun. 2022;13 (1):7574. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-32328-7. PubMed PMID:36481818 PubMed Central PMC9731961.
- Shuai, S, PCAWG Drivers and Functional Interpretation Working Group, Gallinger, S, Stein, LD, PCAWG Consortium. Author Correction: Combined burden and functional impact tests for cancer driver discovery using DriverPower. Nat Commun. 2022;13 (1):7571. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-32343-8. PubMed PMID:36481739 PubMed Central PMC9732291.